Home Made Hamburger Helper
This dish was inspired by the move The Pink Panther with Steve Martin.
Well, not really the dish but the name. The recipe came from wanting to make some homemade hamburger helper.
I found this base recipie and used it as a guideline for the one below.
Thanks ThriftyFun.com! (Link to original recipie)
- 1 LB Ground Beef*
- 8oz pasta of your choice (I went with the gluten free Ritoni pasta)
- 2 Cups Beef broth or 2-3 bullion cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- Brown beef on low/med heat and drain
- Add water, beef broth, milk and pasta
- Simmer for about 25 minutes or until pasta is soft to your liking
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: the original recipe suggests adding some “squirt” of flavor like soy sauce, ketchup or Worcestershire sauce. I oped out of this, as I wanted my hamburger helper like Ma always made it.
Serve with some bread and butter.
*The ground beef: I used some organic, free range, super natural, hippie ground beef. Seriously, I think the cows wore tie-dye and multi-colored beads.
(originally posted on Jul 11, 2010 @ 2:26)